Thursday, November 13, 2014

How to Blender, Part 2: Blend Harder

I'm back again for another week of learning, and another week of still not knowing what I want to make!
So I have now started learning how to model using Blender - working in a separate project specifically for testing things out as I learn them - and that has been... interesting. Not only are there EVEN MORE SHORTCUTS to remember, there are all these settings that I keep forgetting to change and then when I remember to change them I've forgotten what the shortcut is so I have to go look it up and by the time I've done that I've forgotten what I needed to change in the first place and then I try to save my project and I save it in a place that I can't actually save files to but it doesn't tell me that so when I try to open the file again it doesn't exist and I've lost my whole project and ARGH.
Pictured above: not my saved file.
Despite all this, I am somehow really enjoying this project so far! I think it's the idea of creating something that I'll get some use out of, but regardless I've found this project rather engaging so far. I look forward to next week, when I will hopefully have an idea as to what I should make!

1 comment:

  1. Learning new software can be tedious. It is good to see you are persevering to complete your project.

    ReplyDelete