Thursday, November 6, 2014

How To Blender, Part 1

I have no idea what I'm doing with the format. The letter format is just silly, plus I couldn't think of any way to make it more interesting, so I guess I'll just do generic post format. Yaay.

Or not. I don't know.

This week I actually started working towards my goal of designing and printing a 3D object, the main setback so far being that I have no idea what it is I'm going to make. I'm sure I'll think of something eventually. For the moment though, I'm just learning the basics of Blender. So many shortcuts.
(Pictured above: about one-fiftieth of the shortcuts.)
Somehow, I get the feeling this whole "learning" thing is going to take me a while.
I haven't actually started modeling yet - so far, it's mostly just been camera navigation etc. - but when I do I'm looking forward to actually making something useful!
(Whatever that may end up being.)


3 comments:

  1. A very humorous post so far. I am pleased you are finding blender interesting. I am looking forward to seeing your completed project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use a guide in Blenderland like Alimayo or did you venture forth on your own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used BlenderTuts to teach me the basics - I think it was a Youtube channel/series but I managed to navigate there from Blender's base website. I honestly can't really remember how I got there, but they were pretty useful!

      Delete